If you have been following along on this thread, then you know that #AfghanistanTuesday is a social media based weekly vigil to quickly end the costly Afghanistan War. It is primarily to protest the inaction to Congresspeople, but it also protests the inaction of US Senators and the President. It is designed to use Twitter as the forum for protest, and to spread to all peace people and budget hawks on that service, but will eventually be spread to the other social media outlets.
Last Tuesday in addition to spending the daylight hours reigning in shock doctrine capitalism, the Duke took part in the following #AfghanistanTuesday activities:
1. Tweeted a blog post entitled Will your Rep Join @BruceBraley on #AfghanistanTuesday ? which explained that Bruce Braley was the first congressperson to answer query on whether they are willing to end the Afghanistan War quickly, and asked which Congresspersons would join him:[blackbirdpie url=”http://twitter.com/#!/PeaceCouple/status/113582961558945792″]
2. I, and six other local residents, attended our local municipal meeting and requested they adopt the US conference of Mayors CALLING ON CONGRESS TO REDIRECT MILITARY SPENDING TO DOMESTIC PRIORITIES (Bring the War Dollars Home) resolution. That is a picture of me approaching the podium at the top of this post. You can find out more about this movement at the post: Bring Peace to your Town Board Meeting
Attending the municipal meeting kept me from tweeting #AfghanistanTuesday directly to the representatives for my area @RepPeteKing @ChuckSchumer @SenGillibrand & @BarackObama.
- Will your Rep Join @BruceBraley on #AfghanistanTuesday ? (peacecouple.com)
- @BarackObama End the #Afghanistan War #AfghanistanTuesday (peacecouple.com)
- Has Your #Peace Group Joined #AfghanistanTuesday ? (peacecouple.com)
- #AfghanistanTuesday (peacecouple.com)