Click, Clack, Moo Cows That Type by Doreen Cronin is the Royal Book of the Week for 8/22/2011. Duchess Susanna and I have loved this children’s book for years, and were not surprised to find it for sale two years ago on a union website as a gift for children. With the current drive to destroy good, middle class jobs by union-busting, this book seems even more timely.
This book is the best example we have ever seen to inspire a love of writing, and a feeling of empowerment. Talk about the power of the pen! Spoiler Alert! When Farmer Brown’s cows find a typewriter in the barn, they realize they can start making demands. They go on strike when the farmer refuses to give them what they want.
Doreen Cronin’s understated text and Betsy Lewin’s expressive illustrations make the most of this hilarious situation. Come join the fun as a bunch of literate cows turn Farmer Brown’s farm upside down. Buy a copy of this book for:
- your activist friends as comic relief;
- the children of your conservative friends to subvert them;
- children who haven’t yet figured out that writing can equal self-expression and liberation.
This book was a 2001 Caldecott Honor Book and was named one of the Best Children’s Books 2000 by Publisher’s Weekly. Make a complete gift with the Click, Clack, Moo Cow Doll: 6.5″ Seated
- Royal Book of the Week: Monday 8/8/11 (peacecouple.com)
- Royal Book of the Week: Monday 8/1/11 (peacecouple.com)