Life during Wartime by the Talking Heads is the Royal Song of the Day for Friday September 2, 2011. The Duchess and I are constantly feeling oppressed by living a war economy. Sometimes we wonder if there is just a way to escape. Or in the alternative a more efficient way to immediately end these wars.
This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco,
this ain’t no fooling around
The US is at war in at least 5 countries. None of which attacked the US. There is a budget debate raging but there is no discussion of the 1,000 US military bases in foreign countries and that 54% of the US budget goes to military. The corporate media does anything possible to distract form this ceaseless killing. For the Duchess and I to remind ourselves of how horrible the situation is, we sometimes find ourselves drawn into absurd discussions like. “Are land mines or drones worse?”
If you want to do something about the US wars try the posts Bring Peace to your Town Board Meeting or @BarackObama End the #Afghanistan War #AfghanistanTuesday for suggestions. If you have more suggestions on how to end these wars, please let us know.
- Royal Song of the Day (revised): Wed. 8/24/2011 (peacecouple.com)
- Royal Song of the Day: Friday 8/19/11 (peacecouple.com)
- Enjoy the waters: Royal Song of the Day for 8/31/2011 (peacecouple.com)
- Royal Song of the Day: July 25, 2011 (peacecouple.com)
- Royal Song of the Day: Wednesday 8/24/2011 (peacecouple.com)